Chapter 22.04: The Dissapoinment

By steambunz - Friday, January 16, 2015

15th January 2014, Thursday.
Location: McDonalds, Sri Petaling.


"Yerr... You larh! Actually I don't want to come one lorh." She grumbled.
"I only came to accompany you because Nui Nui couldn't make it."


I looked into my chocolate sundae ice-cream.
"Come on... It's only like, once in a lifetime. I don't always ask you out like this at this time also," I said.
"Plus, it's the biggest and most important period of my life lorh. It's like the determining factor whether you'll finally graduate. Don't you feel that way when you check your final examination results?"


"Well... yes I do, but not like this! I do it at home lorh."


"But to me, I want to remember that moment. If my results are good, I would wanna celebrate it with someone, if it's not good, at least I have someone there for me to cry on."
I sighed.


"Anyway, how's your first day at work?" I asked, deciding to change the topic.


I pressed the home button on my iPhone. The screen lighted up: 11.52pm.


"10 more minutes!!" I gasped, scooping a spoonful of ice-cream into my mouth.
She smiled at me.


"Are you sure you wanna listen to my story? You don't looked like you wanna listen."

"Don't worry, I'm listening. So, tell me."


* * *

10 minutes later...
12.02am


"OH. MY. GOD!! IT'S 12am!!" I shrieked. "I don't dare look at my results! Please look at it for me! HELP ME SEEEEEEE!!"


I forced my iPhone into her hands. So many things were running through my mind.
Will I get both subjects 60% and above? I think I'll get 60%+ for Marketing Strategy, but what about International Business?


I know I'm gonna pass, it's only 2 subjects! Who couldn't passed a theory exam with only 2 subjects?! But I wasn't worried about passing, I was worried about whether I'll be getting my 2nd upper class. The most important thing is that I have to get both subjects 60% and above!


"Where? How? I don't see anything!"

"You gotta click on the drop-down list and click on the latest semester!"

"Ohh... but I still don't see anything! I can't scroll to the right."

I snatched my phone away and unlocked the "portrait orientation" setting.


"Nah! Just scroll to the right and see. Please tell me it's all B!! For both subjects!! If it's bad, please don't tell me! If it's good......"


Suddenly, I saw a smile on her face, and she started laughing. I immediately went blank.
But her laugh faded.
"Eerhh... okay larh," she hesitated.


"How is it?! All B?!" I clasped my hands on the side of my face.


 "Quite close. 3 more marks only."


"WHAT?!"
I snatched my phone, and the first thing I saw on the screen, in a table form:
.... B
.... C

A 'C'?!

I zoomed out to look at the marks, side by side with the grades.

.... 68    B
.... 57    C


For a moment, I felt my heart sank. It sank so deep, that it could actually make friends with Titanic. I thought I would actually go berserk or start screaming and shouting in anger, or even start crying and tearing up, but nothing of those came to my mind. The thing is…..

I just. Went. Blank.

I stared at my results on my dimmed screen, and sighed. Suddenly, I felt reality started kicking me in the butt, and in the face. I closed my eyes and tilt my head back towards the ceiling, stretching my arms horizontally across the table. Life sucks.

I got up from my table, suddenly feeling the slight dizziness in my head. I felt so heavy, as if there was something weighing me down. I felt like there was a whole heaped of weight on me, dragging me as I walk, like I was dragging the table from where we ate. But I guess, disappointment was the one dragging onto me.

Without looking at her face, I muttered, “Let’s go home.”

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums