20 Things I Did While I Was 20

By steambunz - Saturday, November 30, 2013

As the year goes by, the number of things that I do will gradually increase as well.

Well, being 20 was good. In fact, I actually like the number 20, and I wished I could stay in my 20's foreverrrrrrr (although I get comments that I look older than I actually should -.-). But you know, life moves on even without you wanting to. So, here I am.... turning 21, and venturing out into the world of reality.

Honestly, being in my 20's, things had slowed down A LOT since I left SUBS Student Concilium. My own personal progression had slowed down this year because I thought to myself that maybe I should take a break from all these active and busy lifestyles.

So I did. But being 20, I've started focusing much on my working experiences, skills, and abilities that allows me to prepare myself for the future career path ahead. Thus, here goes the list of 20 things I did while I was 20....

* * *

1. Joining Dhammaduta Development Youth Camp 2012

Camp felt different this time compared to 2011. I was less busy, and I felt quite empty throughout the duration of the camp, as if I had nothing to do. I was involved in programs this time, in which I got to plan and execute the program by myself. Candle Night and Mahapuja was one of them. Of course, I couldn't have done it without Shashi and Stephanie by my side. Somehow, I'm not sure how I've gotten myself into winning doutch-ball either. It was a different experience, and I guess it's different on the personal side when I was reminded that,"your dad still loves you too." Thanks to that someone, I began to forgive and start loving my father.




2. Took up logistics for the first time in D2Y EXCO

I still remember attending the first EXCO meeting at Scotts Gardens. Eventually I thought it was a Camp-X meeting, but realized it was an EXCO meeting at the end. Silly me. But why logistics?

Although I was new to the team, after much observation and learning on how the previous logistic system works, I realized it could be better organized than before. I never thought I would be getting the job, but I somehow ended up attaching myself to YS room lol *hugs storeroom*. And yes, of course I couldn't have done it without the help of my assistant too -> Shashimi lol.

So.... here's a picture of my pissed face if you mess up the store room... -_-




3. Celebrated Chinese New Year with a few new faces

Meeting up with these 3 familiar acquaintances whom I've known through gaming for a long time. I think the only thing I miss is the delicious food though :(




4. Completed my internship in Contagious Malaysia

Did my internship in an event agency. Although I kept hearing rumours and horror stories of being an intern, but truth to be told, I think it was a good experience. I did more than what I wanted to receive, and work hard even though it's not needed. Got to experience the political expects of working and as well the taste of working in real life. I managed to A's my internship, and all these is possible because it begin with the willingness to learn and the heart to love what you do.




5. Level 200

Finally managed to Level 200 after so many !%#*!$!&%!&$ years of playing Maple! Sorry, sorry... it's one of my many perks about gaming. It's the only online game I play lol. Right after leveling 200, just realized that they're extending the maximum Level to 250. -___- Officially quited Maple!! Grr...




6. Chopped off my uglehhh long hair

I couldn't stand my long hair and I just felt like I needed something new. Never regretted it in one bit.




7. Said goodbye to SUBS Student Concilium 2012/2013

If there is one memorable experience in my uni life, it's definitely this. I remember getting a call from Mr.David Chong, saying that he had offered me a role in SUBS Student Concilium as an Secretary/Ass.Secretary. I hesitated to join at first, but I gave it a try, never knowing I really got it. Nevertheless, it was an enriching experience as it gave me so much stress, learning experiences, new friends, and so much more. Honestly, I had a culture shock after leaving SUBS Student Concilium because it didn't felt normal to be NOT BUSY and STRESS. But, you know... life goes on...




8. Family attended D2Y's Parents Appreciation Dinner for the first time

I remembered trying to tell myself not to cry because my parents weren't there. I felt eager, scared, angry, and yet excited to see them, but it turns out that they came..... 2 hours late!

I remembered Stephanie kept asking,"so where's your parents."
And I kept replying,"I don't know! They're coming! They're coming!"
"But they're gonna miss your performance!"
"It's okay larh...! The show must go on!"

Although they missed my acting performance, but the most significant expect was being able to have my dinner together with my family at the end. And my dad became more supportive of D2Y ever since.




9. Took up a part-time job at The Cocoa Trees

Selling chocolates, chocolates, and more chocolates. Basically it deals with confectionery goods.
Learned new things about retailing and the management of point-of-purchase products, stock checks, decorating, cashier, wrapping hampers, and bad-ass colleagues. Still, a good learning experience.




10. Dropped my iPhone into the blooddehhh toilet bowl

It's gone. Here's the summary of my horrific story:




11. Celebrating Sara's 21st birthday through videography

Although it took quite a lot of effort and patience doing this, but I was glad that I could meet up with my old friends again to catch up with them. Alhough I really liked doing videography, but it would be better if I could have a better editing software and a better quality camera. But I was glad that the video made her felt better.




12. Did my first leadership game workshop in D2Y Camp-X

Did my first workshop that caters to a much older youth group than D2YC. It was pretty challenging since they're much older, and I felt unprepared and uneasy throughout my deliverance. A lot of loopholes and mistakes, but otherwise I received good feedbacks that it has helped them. It was a good experience, but I should improve on my public speaking and impromptu speech skills.




13. Expressed myself through acting

I realized I expressed myself more through acting than speaking all this while. From the acting experience through Camp-X and PAD, I realized I revealed more feelings and emotions through acting. Maybe it's because I could disguise my feelings so that nobody knows my true feelings? I'm not sure myself either. But the question is... am I acting all this while?




14. Participated in my first international youth exchange program

Was really glad to have this opportunity to be part of the organizing team in IBYE/IBYF Malaysia 2013! It was definitely a mouthful of experiences as I've met new friends from different cultures, learned new things, had fun planning and working together with new people, and many more. It was also the first camp that made cry as well.... why? Read No.17 to find out.




15. Did my first public speaking as an emcee

It was damn scary lorh! Especially when someone told me last minute I had to become an emcee for the IBYE/IBYF 2013 welcoming speech. I was damn horrified lorh! International camp lerh... it's not like some D2Y local camp lorh. I remembered I kept pestering Loo Han on what to do and say 1 hour before the speech, and he gave me a very lame and funny respond which goes like:

"Don't worry one! We all Buddhists are very forgiving and kind one! You make mistakes they sure forgive you one!"

And I end up looking like this -_____-lll ..... but it did helped me calm down a lot :)




16. Completed my first 7km run

Went for a run the next day after IBYE/IBYF camp. One word for me. Crazy!!
Manage to complete in 54 minutes. Quite a good record for someone who hasn't trained for 1 week, but need to better improve on my time-keeping and running pace next time if I wanna run for 10km. Can't believe that it has been 1 year since Run For Gold 2012. So hard to believe that I'm running the same route that I have first planned out 1 year ago... :'(




17. Brought back my past back to the people I've met

Somehow, my past, internal secrets, and secret love life managed to leaked out from the sky. Yes, literally the sky because I told no one (okay, okay, maybe a few) -_-ll
Never intended to share some.... or most of them, but I ended up sharing almost everything lol. Talking about being stripped naked, eh? Remembered I kept crying myself to sleep to prepare myself to not cry during IBYE/IBYF camp sharing experience when asked to share my side of story. But I ended up crying more than I did when I sleep LOL...

So I guess I got nothing to hide anymore... So here's a picture of my sad face to show you how sad I am lol...




18. Realized that the guy I like, actually really liked me back

Here's something that many people are curious to know about.
Things would have been different if I had taken his feelings seriously and said "yes", but I realized, it was really too late. Life is full of regrets, just don't let opportunities slip away like how I did.




19. Spoke S-L-O-W-L-Y and confidently

Changed the way I spoke and explain things when needed. Took more deep breaths and more pauses to allow me more time to think before speaking. Still needs more practising though, but it definitely made me more confident and prevent myself from getting tongue-tied!




20. Got my future read

Was told by a fortune teller that I would be successful in whatever I had planned for my future. Which was quite true as I've already set out plans for my future career already. The only drawback she told me was I had to be confident about my future decisions and just go for it, as I will definitely succeed if I do so.



Today, I turned 21.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums