19 Things I Did While I Was 19

By steambunz - Friday, November 30, 2012

I can't believe another year has passed, when it actually felt like it was just a few months ago when I just won my first competition: MTV Exit Bold Lipstick. Year 2012 has been a remarkable year for me. Where at this stage, I've experience a lot of failures, hardships, success, conflicts, and whatnots. It is indeed a busiest year for me, and it is predicted to be so in the next few years of my career life.


Now, I believe it's the time where I need to self-reflect on the things I did while I was still 19. So, here goes the list of 19 things that I did while I was 19...


* * *

1. Organizing Dhammaduta Youth Camp 2011

Having the privilege to be part of the organizing committee, and to successfully experience and organize an annual Buddhist camp. It was definitely a mind-blowing experience. Plus, it had brought me closer to some of the main committees in D2Y.



2. Failed a subject in University, twice.

Before you go on judging me because of my failure, let me just let you know that I had really tried my best to study for this particular subject. Principles of Finance. The first time I failed was because I couldn't manage my own time, as I priotize my events more than my exams. This really gave me a wake up call. The second time I failed was because I neglected certain calculations, didn't practise enough calculations, and never slept for 24hours the day before the paper. It was really the worst experience ever. I admit, the paper wasn't hard at all, it was because of 1 simple mistake of mine which I neglected that caused me to go into serious depression.

During my consultation with Mr.Victor, my programme chairperson, regarding about my problem. I broke down in tears in front of him. "This is my biggest failure in my education life," I cried. And I cried the next day, and the next, and the next... It was my biggest downfall in life.

So, one thing that I learn from this experience, is to never neglect anything in my studies. And I pretty well learn my lesson.




3. Returned as a working waitress in Pastis as my 3rd part-time job experience

Discovered that I'm more suitable for jobs that will keep on me on my feet. I like being busy. It helps me lose track of time. Plus, great working colleagues, great working environment, so-so salary, and great TIPS.



4. Went on a family trip to China

A 1 week trip to my mother tongue land, which I couldn't get a good grip of the language myself. lol.
Great place! Love the weather, the historical buildings and the cheap things sold there, but really dislike the sellers there. Got cheated and pick-pocketed. But still, overall a good experience! =)



5. Went for my first D2Y Chinese New Year Carolling 



6. Went for my first D2Y Committee Appreciation Trip

Although the trip could have been planned better, I somehow grew close to some of them and got to know some of their 'secrets'.... hehe :p



7. Being vegetarian for 1 week

Moral of the story: I cannot live without meat.



8. Gave my first orientation speech to the new intake students of Sunway University Business School

Sharing my university experience in front of hundreds of people for the first time. Nerve-wrecking but I totally nailed it, I think. Haha...



9. Gotten my first saman ticket

I didn't even knew it was an illegal parking spot. Have been parking at the same place for 1 year! Anyway, as a good citizen, I paid off the saman! :p



10. Experienced how it was like being half-deaf

Had an ear infection on the right ear which prevents me from hearing anything. It really made me appreciate the noises, sounds, and musics around me more after that experience.



11. Attended a 5km "Run For Education" run and was one of Top 20 females

Biggest achievement that I wished to achieve since Form 1, and it's finally fulfilled! But somehow, I was pretty lucky though. I was at the 19th spot. lol...



12. Successfully organized D2Y first charity trip event

It was my first time organizing an event, and it was definitely an incredible experience! A charity trip which consists about 30 orphanage children, and 40 helpers/committees on the 14th April, Sunday. Went through pain, work, hardship and sweat to make this event together with my supporting committees.



13. 'Accidentally' nominated as an Assistant Secretary of Sunway University Business School Student Concilium

Whether you call it an accident or fate, I'm really thankful to be in the Student Concilium. It has probably made me for who I am today, and it definitely made me closer to some of the BAF students and the committee board. Although there were conflicts and miscommunication between some of us, the experience is definitely worth it =)



14. Donated blood for the first time

Still, a better blood sucking story than Twilight.



15. Got involved in a hit-and-run incident

Oh yes. You think I forgotten you, huh? Oh no, I know you. WVA 1991.
And I will hunt you down, someday. And if I don't, hope your car tyre kena stolen.



16. Sprained my ankle for the second time

I think it's trying to tell me to slow down on rough activities. Yeah, I definitely think so too :(



17. Organized a charity run for the first time

Have been to many outdoor sports events and it has been always my dream to organize one. And it finally came true!! Although I'm not the main organizer, but I was put in charge of the logistics. Met a lot of new people, gave an awesome volunteer briefing presentation, conflicts, hardships, miscommunication  sweat, etc., but it was all definitely worth it.



18. Attended my first concert

Not exactly like a concert, but it's more like an award winning ceremony. Attended the 8TV Shout Awards! recently and I had a pretty bad experience with the people at the rock pit zone. But still, at least I still get to see a lot of handsome guys :p



19. Say goodbye to my P-driving license

Oh yeah!!! Watch out everybodehhhhh!!! A mad crazy driver is on the lose!!!



Today, I just turned 20.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums