Chapter 24:02 : The 3 Days Fever

By steambunz - Saturday, April 08, 2017

It's been a long time since I last wrote a poem. So, this poem is dedicated to the horrible experience I had to go through just to treat a simple fever. The first 2 days I visited Mediviron at One City. The reason I chose that clinic is because it's the only clinic that is nearest to my office.

Both days, the doctor (same doctor) reported no fever during the measurement. The first day I could accept the reason, but the 2nd day with no fever? That's too ridiculous.

Once I left the clinic on the 2nd day, I realized that the doctor had only relied on a single instrument (infrared thermometer) to measure my fever but nothing else besides that. I was thinking whether the instrument was faulty. Which came to my conclusion, the next time a doctor (or any doctor) treats a patient and still indicates the same result twice, please request another kind of procedure or method to double check the validity of the sickness. This is an advise I would like to give to all my readers out there.




* * *

One day, I rang the bell to the doctors door,
But it seems the doctor wasn't pleased to see me at all,
Doctor, I said, I'm not feeling well today,
I have headache, fever, and body aches all day.

Alright, said the Doctor, let me check and see,
The Doctor took an infrared thermometer and pointed at me,
No fever, she said, your signs are stable,
But come back again if you're not feeling normal.

I took the medications and paid the bill,
Sped home like lightning so I have more time to chill,
Checked my temperature with my home thermometer,
My fever became worse and not any better.

The second day, I rang the bell to the doctors door,
It was the same doctor as it was before,
Doctor, I said, I'm still not feeling well today,
I was shivering, vomiting, and coughing all day.

The Doctor used her device to check my temperature again,
There's no fever, she said, it must be a virus she explain,
It's been 24 hours since your last visit to the doctor,
A blood test is needed as soon as possible.

Doctor that's totally impossible I said,
I still have fever even with the medicines I took as obeyed,
Look, she said, you're well and I'm not sure what you're up to,
Maybe you just wanted an MC to escape the Monday blues.

Frustrated, I left without saying a word,
She thinks I'm lying that's so freaking absurb!
I went back as usual to check my temperature,
Reading was high and fever still not cured.

The third day, I rang the bell to the doctors door,
This time I made sure it was a Sunway's medical doctor,
Your fever is confirmed, the doctor said,
I'll take a sample of your blood so turn your head. (because I was scared of needle pain)

Few minutes later, the results came out,
Negative dengue, I was so happy and proud,
Fever was due to bacteria infection, he said,
So I have to take antibiotics for 5 days straight.

Finally, alas, I could finally rest in ease,
More rest, more sleeps, as much as I please,
So, the next time I visit a doctor with a fever,
I made sure I bring my own thermometer.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 dim sums